The Piedmont Language School Community Fund is designed to invest in language opportunities for all children in Piedmont schools and our community beyond our self-funding classes. We collaborate with the community and PUSD on many new initiatives to support language learning.
- PLS funds a scholarship to underwrite costs for a student to join the Piedmont Community Church Mission Trip to Mexico through an essay writing contest
- We support in-school language programs at PUSD through a grants program to support professional development and curricular supplements
- Created and manage the “Lunchtime Read Alouds” program at the elementary schools where parents, teachers and other community members volunteer to read a book in another language to introduce children to other foreign languages and cultures.
- Host community-wide events including our annual Cinco de Mayo celebration of Mexican and Latin cultures and our Chinese New Year event with traditional food and heritage activities
We’d love to have your ideas, energy and help! Please let us know how you’d like to get involved
- Joining the PLS board or a board subcommittee
- Helping PLS with communications, fundraising events or other projects
- Working on task forces related to supporting PMS and PHS language programs
- Helping with class-level activities and coordination for your child’s PLS class
We are constantly looking for new ways to improve our program, expand access and partner with PUSD. Donations of any size are always welcome. If you would like to make a contribution, please send a check made out to “Piedmont Language School” to Piedmont Language School, P.O. Box 11092, Piedmont, CA 94611. Thank you for your support. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. We are a non-profit 501(c)3 and our ID for tax purposes is #94-2435647.